Colonial WalkA 'no-frills' authentic experience of the Historic center of Lima
Duration: 3 – 3.5 hours
Distance: 5 – 6km (3 – 3.5mi)
Includes: Awesome tour leader, snack and bottle of water.
Departures: This tour takes place exclusively in private service and ONLY upon request in advance. CONFIRMATION NEEDED. Please contact us first at email@example.com
Meeting time: To be specified in coordination with Bike Tours of Lima
Meeting point: Once booking is confirmed, Bike Tours of Lima will email you the exact meeting location of this tour.
1 person: US$ 60.00
2 people: US$ 45.00 per person
3-6 people: US$ 120.00 flat rate
* BOOKING AHEAD IS MANDATORY – NO WALK-INS ACCEPTED ANY DAY FOR THIS ACTIVITY
On this tour we focus exclusively in the Historic center of Lima (listed as World Heritage Site by UNESCO), walking through the main sights of this area that once, was the epicenter of the colonial Spanish domains in South America. We will pass by and stop in front of the Presidential palace, Lima’s Cathedral, San Francisco & Santo Domingo Convents, San Pedro church, Torre Tagle mansion, Congress & Inquisition buildings, Plaza San Martin, Plaza de Armas and many more.
- Walk along the famous ‘Jirón de la Unión’ and ‘Plaza de Armas’
- Learn Lima’s real old and recent history by unveiling its best kept secrets
- Snap great photos at some of the main landmarks of Lima such as the Plaza San Martin, four century old cathedrals, convents, plazas and more
- Marvel at some of the old former conquistador’s mansions
- Admire the grand colonial architecture of the Historic Center of Lima
- Learn about the many old different watering holes of the golden era of Lima
Colonial Walking Tour
Once known as “La ciudad de los reyes” (Kings’ town), Lima was home to the capital of the most important spanish colony in the Americas. Its majestic old buildings, houses as well as baroque churches, are undeniable proof of it. On this tour you will enjoy sightseeing its plazas, facades, churches, convents, streets and parks, while getting acquainted by its charming details located just ‘around the corner’.